Move from struggling to thriving in a supportive peer environment:
- Share insights, resources and feedback
- Find new ways to connect with yourself and in relation to others
- Develop approaches to manage stress, fatigue and overwhelm
- Explore how music listening, imagery and art invite opportunities for presence, rest & sanctuary
Health care workers, emergency workers and educators - we cannot care for others safely if we do not look after ourselves. Groups at Tempo help you build knowledge and develop practical tools to connect with yourself - your feelings, your physical states and your needs - so that you can cultivate a restorative practice of self care within a community of peers who will encourage and back you.
With the support of a confidential and understanding group of peers, you will be invited to explore approaches offering self exploration, connection with others and ways to support yourself through this time of stress.
Experiences and practical learning
There will be space for:
- Self reflection, whole group discussion and work in pairs.
- Sharing your own experiences (if you do not want to share you don’t have to, but you will get more out of the experience if you do).
And opportunities to practice and explore:
- Focused music listening
- Breathing exercises
- Approaches to relaxation
- Guided imagery
as a way to connect, understand and recover.
I'm not an Artist or Musician. Does that matter?
Using creative arts in these groups is part of a process of getting to know yourself. You don’t have to be an artist or a musician to benefit from these therapies. In fact, I often encourage people to imagine they are 3 years old when drawing to remove the pressure to ‘perform’.
Am I a good fit for group therapy?
- Would like to explore and develop a practice to help you to rest and relax
- Are proactive in seeking ways to look after yourself
- Have an interest in connecting with others to share and learn
- Are looking for ways to support yourself that are not only talk-focused
- Need extra support to care for yourself
- Would like to have a confidential space to share your worries with others who understand
Then you’ll get a lot out of this group.
What will I need for online group therapy?
- A private and comfortable space
- A good internet connection, a compatible device and earphones
- Somewhere that you can lie down or lounge during music listening, relaxation inductions and guided imagery (think warmth, comfort, cushions)
- Art materials (I can send these to you if you like)
- For more information about the best set up for online group therapy including infographic) see the Tempo blog here .
Have some questions?
Learn more about Group therapy by booking a 20 minute chat below:
How to participate in Group Therapy
1. Schedule a 50 minute one-on-one session
A paid one on one therapy session gives us the time we need to:
- Understand where you’re coming from and where you want to be.
- Give you ideas and resources that you can start working with right away.
- Discover whether or not group therapy is the right service for you right now.
- And, if so, which group program fits your needs best.
- Cost: $140 *
2. Join the group
If we determine that a group program is the best way forward, I’ll sign you up to the relevant program. A security deposit will hold your spot, and the remainder is payable on the first day of the group.
3. Individual check-ins
I have organised the group programs so that there are opportunities for you and I to check-in for 30 minutes to see how you are going. Depending on the length of the program, there one or two individual sessions are offered. This is an important way for us to make sure that your needs are being met. An appointment half way and at the end of the program is ideal, but you are welcome to book these at any time that suits you. You are able to access the appointments for up to 6 weeks following the end of the group program.
4. Group Fees
4 week group program
The cost of the group is $300 * and includes
- 4 x 90 minute group sessions
- 1 x 30 minute individual check-in session for use during the program and for up to 6 weeks following the end of the group program
A security deposit of $150 is required to hold your spot. The remainder is payable on the first day of the group.
6 week group program
The cost of the group is $500 * and includes
- 6 x 90 minute group sessions
- 2 x 30 minute individual check-in sessions for use during the program and for up to 6 weeks following the end of the group program
A security deposit of $200 is required to hold your spot. The remainder is payable on the first day of the group.
Concession rates are available - please contact me if this is something you would like to discuss.
* If you have the relevant cover, you can claim private health insurance rebates with:
- Police Health
- Emergency Services Health
- St Lukes Health
- Medibank Private
Please contact your provider to see if you are eligible.
I am a Registered NDIS provider. Please contact me to discuss if this might suit you.
Header image: Providence Doucet