Small Group Program
3.30 - 5pm
October 24, 2021 - November 28, 2021
Proposed dates: late October - late November 2021 (TBC)
Telehealth platforms used, Coviu and Zoom, have end to end encryption for your privacy and security.
$649 (private health rebates & Employee Assistance Program support may apply) . Payment plans available.Sign up for the October wait list here
You’d think that feeling exhausted and overwhelmed would make finding rest easier, but often in these states, our systems can go into overdrive and it can become increasingly difficult to slow down. Fatigue, anxiety, and irritability can make it harder to find clarity and states of calm. It’s really easy to fall into a vicious cycle.
Difficulties with sleep and physical symptoms like breathlessness, a racing heart, dizziness, trembling or nausea are signs of an agitated nervous system. It takes time and practice to retrain your system to slow down.
This program will support you to develop a practice of rest and nurture through
- practical and guided music listening exercises
- awareness and education about the physiology of stress
- inquiry into your own needs
- shared wisdom through the support of the group
- practical exercises for use at home, at work or on the go
Why would I want to join a group?!
Online groups with Tempo are nothing like the rabbit-in-the-spotlight Hollywood cliches you might be imagining. They are more of a cosy, snoozing-cat-type-of-feeling:
First of all, as an online group, you will be in the comfort of your own home. You are encouraged to make your own cocoon space at home - to set this up to be as cosy and comfortable, and joining in as you'd like.
Safety and confidentiality is at the heart of the group:
- You only share what YOU feel comfortable sharing.
- We all negotiate the terms of confidentiality within the group. Baseline essentials are 1) what's said in the group stays in the group and 2) Respectful communication at all times. The rest is determined by participants.
- It is a small group of other health professionals and educators from around the country who are going through similar experiences, AND understand the vulnerability and courage required in this space. There is deep respect for this.
- There is a process where each participant has an individual meeting with me prior to the group starting to ensure that participants are a good fit as a group.
- I have 20 years of experience in supporting people of all ages, from all walks of life, with some of the trickiest presentations.
- And I have been facilitating groups for just as long - I know how to be supportive, inquiring and how to manage group dynamics so that you will feel safe.
Your felt sense of safety is at the core of each session.
Past participants have enjoyed many of the experiences, but overwhelmingly it has been the connection with others in a safe space, those who GET IT, that has been most appreciated.
A lot of the content of this group invites you into quiet, inner reflection through connecting in with yourself - your internal world, your feelings, your needs and your body - through
- listening to music
- writing and
These are all quiet, reflective processes that only involve sharing if you want to!
If you are exhausted, overwhelmed and in brain fog, this is the best group for you as
- you can attend in bed (seriously this has happened more than once!) or on your couch
- you will be focusing on listening to music with your eyes closed and developing practices of deep rest
What is involved?
This is a 6 week group program
- Each group session runs for 90 minutes.
- Two x 30 minute individual appointments are included as part of the program.
- Sessions will be online using video teleconferencing.
Over the six weeks we will explore
- Connecting in with safety
- Knowing your own nervous system
- Self compassion & somatic resourcing
- Routine, ritual & rest snacks
- What does it mean? Bringing it all together
At the end of this program there will be opportunities to stay connected through the Tempo community and monthly top up sessions.
Creating communities of connection and belonging
You know what you need to do to rest, but putting this into practice amongst the busyness of life can be so hard.
Importantly, we all need connection and community when looking to our wellbeing.
Through 'Restore' you will have the support of our group community to share ideas, wins and challenges, and to motivate each other to create space for the rest we all need.
Together we’ll explore music assisted relaxation, mindfulness, breathwork, and embodiment to find techniques you can integrate into daily life.
- Develop awareness of your physical symptoms of stress
- Learn how to engage the breath and the body with a focus of mindfulness and music
- Develop a restorative practice of rest and self care
- Build your capacity for self compassion
- Learn how to tune into your needs and where your boundaries are.
- Find support and connection with others
- Explore and develop inner resources that you can use every day
In addition to 2 x 30 minute individual sessions and 6 x 90 group sharing, you will receive
- art materials for use during and following the program
- follow up explorations of music listening, art and embodied experiences that all support you to step towards a PRACTICE of rest and nurture in a guided format
- a weekly music playlist to support your practice
Who should attend this program?
Managers, health professionals, teachers, emergency service workers, carers - anyone in a helping role who is feeling exhausted and looking for ways to find support, clarity and rest.
How can I find out more?
Please contact Minky here if you would like to know more, or call her on 0466 149 430.
If you are ready to register please contact Minky to book your initial appointment.
These group programs have been organised so that there are opportunities for you and Minky to have an individual check-in for 30 minutes at the beginning and at the end of the program.
The initial session gives us the time we need to:
- Understand where you’re coming from and where you want to be.
- Give you ideas and resources that you can start working with right away.
- Make sure that this is the right service for you right now.
There will also be one other individual session offered at the end of the program. This is an important way for us to make sure that your needs are being met. You are able to access the appointments for up to 6 weeks following the end of the group program.
If you have the relevant cover, you can claim private health insurance rebates with:
- Police Health
- Emergency Services Health
- St Lukes Health
- Medibank Private
EAP support and NDIS funding may also be available.
Please contact me or your provider to see if you are eligible or of you have any questions.
Please note: in signing up for Tempo events you are subscribing to the Tempo Therapy & Consulting newsletter so that we can contact you with all the information you need. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Header image: Patti Black