BOOKINGS NOW OPEN!! (Closing Friday May 14)
'Restore' will be offered on Wednesday evenings commencing May 19.
- This is a 6 week group program
- Each group session runs for 90 minutes.
- Two x 30 minute individual appointments are included as part of the program.
- Sessions will be online using video teleconferencing.
- Face-to-face programs are available in Hobart - for more information contact me.
Who should attend this program?
Managers, health professionals, teachers, emergency service workers, carers - anyone in a helping role who is feeling exhausted, overwhelmed and in need of rest.
About this program
You’d think that feeling exhausted and overwhelmed would make finding rest easier, but often in these states, our systems can go into overdrive and it can become increasingly difficult to slow down. Fatigue, anxiety, and irritability can make it harder to find clarity and states of calm. It’s really easy to fall into a vicious cycle.
Difficulties with sleep and physical symptoms like breathlessness, a racing heart, dizziness, trembling or nausea are signs of an agitated nervous system. It takes time and practice to retrain your system to slow down.
This program will support you to develop a practice of rest and nurture through
- practical and guided music listening exercises
- awareness and education about the physiology of stress
- inquiry into your own needs
- shared wisdom through the support of the group
- practical exercises for use at home, at work or on the go
You know what you need to do to rest, but putting this into practice amongst the busyness of life can so hard.
Importantly, we all need connection and community when looking to our wellbeing. One of the beauties of this program is that you will have the support of our group community to share ideas and motivate each other to create space for the rest we all need.
Together we’ll explore music assisted relaxation, mindfulness, breathwork, and embodiment to find techniques you can integrate into daily life.
- Develop awareness of your physical symptoms of stress
- Learn how to engage the breath and the body with a focus of mindfulness and music
- Develop a restorative practice of rest and self care
- Build your capacity for self compassion
- Learn how to tune into your needs and where your boundaries are.
- Find support and connection with others
- Explore and develop inner resources that you can use every day
Any questions? Please contact Minky here.
These group programs have been organised so that there are opportunities for you and Minky to have an individual check-in for 30 minutes at the beginning and at the end of the program.
The initial session gives us the time we need to:
- Understand where you’re coming from and where you want to be.
- Give you ideas and resources that you can start working with right away.
- Make sure that this is the right service for you right now.
There will also be one other individual session offered at the end of the program. This is an important way for us to make sure that your needs are being met. You are able to access the appointments for up to 6 weeks following the end of the group program.
If you have the relevant cover, you can claim private health insurance rebates with:
- Police Health
- Emergency Services Health
- St Lukes Health
- Medibank Private
EAP support and NDIS funding may also be available.
Please contact me or your provider to see if you are eligible or of you have any questions.
Please note: in signing up for Tempo events you are subscribing to the Tempo Therapy & Consulting newsletter so that we can contact you with all the information you need. You can unsubscribe at any time.